- Name of Project: Chennai Metro Rail Project
- Authority: Chennai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (CMRL)
- Type of Project: MRTS
- Project Cost: Rs 85,613 Crores
- Total Network: 173 km
- No. of Phases/Lines: 2 (6 Line)
- Start Date of Operation: June 29, 2015
- Target: 2021
Chennai Metro (Phase-I)
Total Network: 54.1km | Stations: 34
Line 1 (Green): Central – St. Thomas Mount
- Total Length: 22km
- No. of Stations: 17 Stations (All Operational)
- Station Names: Chennai Central, Egmore, Nehru Park, Kilpauk Medical College, Pachaiyappa’s College, Shenoy Nagar, Anna Nagar East, Anna Nagar Tower, Thirumangalam, Thirumangalam, CMBT, Arumbakkam, Vadapalani, Ashok Nagar, Ekkattuthangal, Alandur, St. Thomas Mount.
Line 2 (Blue): Washermanpet – Chennai International Airpor
- Total Length: 23.10 km
- No. of Stations: 17 Stations (All operational)
- Station Names: Washermanpet, Mannadi, High Court, Chennai Central, Government Estate, LIC, Thousand Lights, AG-DMS, Teynampet, Nandanam, Saidapet, Little Mount, Guindy, Alandur, Nanganallur Road, Meenambakkam, Chennai International Airport.
Line 2 Extn: Washermanpet – Wimco Nagar
- Total Length: 9.051 km
- Total Stations: 8 Stations
- Project Cost: Rs.3,770 crores
- Station Names: Sir Theagaraya College, Korukkupet, Tondiarpet, Toll Gate, Thangal, Gowri Ashram, Tiruvottiyur, Wimco Nagar.
Chennai Metro Phase-II (118.9 km)
Line 3: Madhavaram Milk Colony – Sipcot
- Total length: 45.81 km
- No. of Stations: 50 Stations
- Proposed Stations: : Madhavaram Milk Colony, Thapalpetti, Murari Hospital, Moolakadai, Sembiyam, Permabur Market, Perambur Metro, Ayanavaram, Otteri, Pattalam, Perambur Barracks Road, Doveton Junction, Purasawalkam High Road, Kellys, KMC, Chetpet Metro, Sterling Road Jn, Nungambakkam, Gemini, Thousand Lights, Royapettah Govt Hospital, Radhakrishnan Salai Jn, Thirumayilai Metro, Mandaiveli, Greenways Road Metro, Adyar Jn, Adayar Depot, Indira Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur Metro, Tharamani Link Road, Nehru Nagar, Kandanchavadi, Perungudi, Thoraipakkam, Mettukuppam, PTC Colony, Okkiyampet, Karapakkam, Okkiyam Thoraipakkam, Shozhinganallur, Sathyabama, St Joseph College, Semmancheri, Gandhi Nagar, Navallur, Siruseri, Sipcot 1 and Sipcot 2.
- Depot: Madhavaram
Line 4: Lighthouse – Poonamallee Bus Depot
- Total length: 26.1 km
- No. of Stations: 31 Stations
- Station Names: Light House, Kutchery Road, Thirumayilai Metro, Alwarpet, Bharathidasan Road, Adyar Gate Junction, Nandanam, Natesan Park, Panagal Park, Kodambakkam Sub Urban, Meenakshi College, Power House, Vadapalani, Saligramam, Avichi School, Alwarthirunagar, Valasaravakkam, Karambakkam, Alapakkam, Porur Junction, Chennai Bypass Crossing, Ramachandra Hospital, Iyyapanthangal Bus Depot, Kattupakkam, Kumananchavadi, Karayanchavadi, Mullai Thottam, Poonamalle Bus Terminus, Poonamallee Bypass and Poonamallee Bus Depot
- Depot: Poonamalle
Line 5: Madhavaram – Sholinganallur
- Total Length: 47 km
- Total Stations: 46 Station
- Station Names: Madhavaram Milk Colony, Venugopal Nagar, Assisi Nagar, Manjambakkam, Velmurugan Nagar, MMBT, Shastri Nagar, Retteri, Kolathur, Srinivasa Nagar, Villivakkam Metro, Villivakkam Bus Terminus, Nadhamuni, Anna Nagar Depot, Tirumangalam, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Anna Nagar, Kaliamman Koil Street, CMBT, Grain Market, Sai Nagar Bus Stop, Elango Nagar Bus Stop, Mugalivakka, DLF IT SEZ, Sathya Nagar, CTC, Butt Road, Alandur, St. Thomas Mount, Adambakkam, Vanuvampet, Puzhuthivakkam, Madipakkam, Kilkattalai, Echangadu, Kovilambakkam, Velakkal, Medavakkam Koot Road, Kamraj Garden Street, Medavakkam Jn, Perumbakkam, Global Hospital, Elcot and Sholinganallur.
Line 6: Airport – Kilambakkam (Airport Line)
- Total Length: 15.3 km
- Total Stations: 13 Stations
- Station Names: Pallavaram, Chrompet, MEPZ, Thiru Vi Ka Nagar, Tambaram, Irumbuliyur, Perungalathur, RMK Nagar, Vandalur, Vandalur Zoo and Kilambakkam
- Chennai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (CMRL) Chennai Metro Rail Limited Admin Building,CMRL Depot, Poonamallee High Road,Koyambedu, Chennai – 600107,TamilNadu, India.
- Website: https: //chennaimetrorail.org/
- Passenger Helpline No: 44-23792000