- Project Name: Navi Mumbai Metro Rail Project
- Operator: City and Industrial Development Corporation of Maharashtra Ltd.
- Owner: Govt. of Maharashtra
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- No. of Phases: 4
- Project Cost: INR 7,633 Crores (Phase-I)
- Completion Target: 2020 (Phase-I)
||Belapur Railway Station - Pendhar Station
Under Construction Lines
Phase I (Line 1): Belapur Railway Station - Pendhar Station
- Route Length: 11.10 km
- No. of Stations: 11
- Project Cost: INR 1,985 crore
- Station Names: CBD Belapur, Sector 7, CIDCO Science Park, Utsav Chowk, Sector 11, Sector 14, Central Park, Pethpada, Sector 34, Panchanand and Pendhar.
- Status: Under Construction
Phase II (Line 1): Khandeshwar - Taloja MIDC
- Route Length: 10.30 km
- No. of Stations: 8
- Project Cost: INR 1,509 crore
- Station Names: Khandeshwar, Sector 10, Sector 2E, Sector 13, Sector 7E, Kasadi, MIDC Station 1, Taloja MIDC
- Status: Under Planning
Phase III (Line 1): Pendhar - MIDC
- Route Length: 2.0 km
- No. of Stations: 1
- Project Cost: INR 574 crore
Project Cost & Funding:
||₹ 337.1 Crore
||Govt. of India and Govt. of Maharashtra
Train Maintanance Depot
||Taloja (Under Construction)
- Design Speed: NA
- Average speed: NA
- Track Gauge: NA
- Electrification: NA
- Signalling System: NA
- Rolling stock: NA
- Louis Berger – Balaji Railroad System JV (GC): General Consultant
- CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive Co.Ltd (RS): 24 (8 x 3) metro coaches (Rolling Stock)
- Ansaldo STS (System): Signalling, Telecommunications, Automatic Fare Collection
- Ansaldi STS – Tata Projects – CSR Zhuzhou (System): Electrical & Mechanical Works
- J Kumar – CRTG JV (Depot): Construction of Taloja Depot
- NCC Ltd. (CA 1): Construction of 4.91 km viaduct from Khargar Sector 14 – Pendhar
- J Kumar Infraprojects (CA 2 & NM1-C-01): Construction of 4.34 km viaduct from Belapur to Khargar Sector 14 & Balance construction work at Kharghar Village, Kendriya Vihar, Utsav chowk, Belpada, RBI Colony & Belapur Terminal Stations
- San José Constructora – Mahavir Roads – Supreme Infra JV (CA 12 & CA 13): Construction of 6 stations at CBD Belapur, Sector 7, CIDCO Science Park, Utsav Chowk, Sector 11 & Sector 14 & Construction of 5 stations at Central Park, Pethpada, Sector 34 Kharghar, Panchanand & Pendhar
- Zed Geotech Pvt. Ltd.(NM-Geo): Geotechnical Investigation for Line-2 and Line-3
- J Kumar infraprojects (NM1-C-01): Balance construction work at Kharghar Village, Kendriya Vihar, Utsav chowk, Belpada, RBI Colony & Belapur Terminal Stations
- 29 April 2010: The project was approved by Maharashtra Govt.
- 1 May 2011: Foundation stone laid down by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Progress So Far
- Jan 2021: MahaMetro to complete Navi Mumbai Metro's Line 1.
- July 2021: MahaMetro to operate and maintain Navi Mumbai Metro's Line 1.
Metro Authority Contact details
Industrial Development Corporation of Maharashtra Ltd.