Project Name: Hyderabad Metro Rail Project
- Owner: Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited, Govt. of Telangana
- Operator: L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Planned Metro Rail Network: 188 km (7 Lines)
- Operational Network: 69.21 km
- Project Cost: INR 18,800 Crore (Phase-I)
- Funding Pattern: PPP Mode
- Start Date of Operation: 29 November 2017
Line 1 (Red Line): Miyapur – LB Nagar (via Ameerpet)
- Route length: 29.21 km (Operational)
- Total Stations: 27 (All elevated)
- Stations: Miyapur, JNTU College, KPHB Colony, Kukatpally, Balanagar, Moosapet, Bharat Nagar, Erragadda, ESI Hospital, SR Nagar, Ameerpet, Punjagutta, Irrum Manzil, Khairatabad, Lakdikapul, Assembly, Nampally, Gandhi Bhavan, Osmania Medical College, Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station (MGBS), Malakpet, New Market, Musarambagh, Dilsukhnagar, Chaitanyapuri, Victoria Memorial, LB Nagar.
- Interchange Stations: Ameerpet (Blue Line), MGBS (Green Line)
- Connected Depot: Miyapur
Line 2 (Green Line): JBS – Falaknuma (via MG Bus Station)
- Route length: 11 km (Operational-11 km, Under construction-4.2 km)
- Total Stations: 10 (All elevated)
- Operational Stations: JBS, Parade Grounds, Secunderabad, Gandhi Hospital, Musheerabad, RTC Cross Roads, Chikkadpally, Narayanguda, Sultan Bazar, Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station (MGBS).
- Interchange Stations: MGBS (Red Line), Parade Grounds (Blue Line)
- Connected Depot: Falaknuma
Line 3 (Blue Line): Raidurg - Nagole
- Route Lenth: 29 km (Operational)
- Total Stations: 23 (All elevated)
- Stations: Nagole, Uppal, Survey of India, NGRI, Habsiguda, Tarnaka, Mettuguda, Secunderabad, Parade Grounds, Paradise, Rasool Pura, Prakash Nagar, Begumpet, Ameerpet, Madhura Nagar, Yusuf Guda, Road No 5 Jubilee Hills, Jubilee Hills Check Post, Pedamma Temple, Madhapur, Durgam Chervu, HITEC City, Raidurg.
- Interchange Stations: Ameerpet (Red Line), Parade Grounds (Green Line)
- Connected Depot: Uppal
Project Information ( Line-2 )
- Route length: 4.2 km
- Total Stations: 06
- Under construction Stations: Salarjung Museum, Charminar, Shalibanda, Shamsher Gunj, Jungametta, Falaknuma.
Project Cost & Funding:
||Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited, Govt. of Telangana
- Design Speed: 80 kmph
- Average Speed: 35 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Electrification: 25 kV,
- Signalling System: Communications-based Train Control (CBTC)
- Rolling stock: NA
| L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad
||Operations & Maintenance Contractor
|AECOM – Feedback Infra JV
||Owner’s Engineer (General Consultant)
|Louis Berger Consulting
||Independent Safety & RAMS
|Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
|Ernst & Young
||Carbon Credits Consultant
||Detailed Design Engineer for 6 stations at Ameerpet, Parade Grounds, Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station, Panjagutta, Hi-Tech City, and Jubilee Hills Checkpost
Progress So Far
- 29 November 2017: 17.60 km section between Nagole – Ameerpet on Blue Line opened.
- 29 November 2017: 12.20 km section between Miyapur – Ameerpet on Red Line opened.
- 24 September 2018: 16 km section between Ameerpet – LB Nagar on Red Line opened.
- 20 March 2019: 8.5 km section between Ameerpet – HITEC City on Blue Line opened.
- 29 November 2019: 1.5 km section between HITEC City – Raidurg on Blue Line opened.
- 7 February 2020: 9.6 km section between JBS – MGBS on Green Line opened.
Overview | Hyderabad Metro Phase 2