The rapid industrialization and commercial development of Jaipur, teamed with a growing population, the transport infrastructure of the city was found to be overburdened. As a result, the government mulled over establishment of Jaipur Metro on the lines of Delhi Metro which had proved to be a great success.
- Project Name: Jaipur Metro Rail Project
- Operator: Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation Limited (JMRC)
- Owner: Govt. of Rajasthan
- General Consultant: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 7695.00 Crore
- Start Date of Operation: 3 June 2015
Routes & Network
||Mansarovar - Badi Chaupar
|| Ambabari – India Gate
Phase I: Mansarovar - Badi Chaupar (North-South Corridor)
- Route Length: 12.0 km
- Project Cost: INR 3,149 crore
- Stations: 11 Stations
- No. of Trains: 10
- Operational Stations: Mansarovar, New Aatish Market, Vivek Vihar, Shyam Nagar, Ram Nagar, Civil Lines, Railway Station, Sindhi Camp, Chand Pole, Chhoti Chaupar, Badi Chaupar.
- Depot: Mansarovar
Line 2: India Gate - Ambabari (East-West Corridor)
- Route Length: 23.5 km
- Stations: 21 Stations
- Project Cost: Rs.4,546.00
- Proposed Stations: India Gate, Kumbha Marg, Haldi Ghati Gate, Pinjarapole Gausala, Sanganer Sethu, B2 Bypass, Durgapura, Mahaveer Nagar, Dev Nagar, Gandhi Nagar Railway Station, Tonk Phatak, Ram Bagh Circle, Narayan Singh Circle, SMS Hospital, Ashok Marg, Government Hostel, Chandpole, Collectorate, Subhas Nagar, Pani Pech and Ambabari.
Train Maintanance Depot
||Line 1 (Pink)
|0 to 2 Stations
|3 to 5 Station
|6 to 8 station
- 24 February 2011: Construction work started of Jaipur Metro Phase I.
- 03 June 2015: 9.63 km section (Mansarovar – Chandpole) of Line 1 (Pink) Open for public.
- 23 September 2020: 2.35 km section (Chandpole – Badi Chaupar) of Line 1 (Pink) open for public.
Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation Limited
Admin Building, Metro Depot,
Bhrigu Path, Mansarovar, Jaipur-302020
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Phase wise In-depth Information
Phase 1 | Phase 2