Agra is known as Taj City of India. With a population of roughly 1.6 million, Agra is the fourth-most populous city in Uttar Pradesh. Agra Metro will have 2 corridors that will pass through the heart of the city and will connect prominent tourist places including Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Sikandra as well as ISBT, Raja Ki Mandi railway station, Medical College, Agra Cantonment railway station, Collectorate, Sanjay Place, and surrounding densely populated residential areas. The construction of metro rail project in Agra is started in December, 2020 and the 7-km priority section of Corridor 1 is scheduled to open by the end of 2023.
- Project Name: Agra Metro Rail Project
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- Operator: Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (UPMRCL)
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 12900 Crore (Phase I)
- Total Length: 29.4 km
- Completion Target: 2024 (7 km)
- Status: Under Construction
|#1 Yelloe Line
||Sikandra - Taj East Gate
||Under Construction (7 km)
|#2 Blue Line
||Agra Cantt. - Kalindi Vihar
Line 1 (Yellow) : Sikandra – Taj East Gate
- Total Length: 14.25 km (Elevated- 6.569 km, Underground- 7.681 km)
- Total Stations: 14 Stations
- Station Names: Sikandra, Guru Ka Taal, ISBT, Shastri Nagar, RBS College, Raja Ki Mandi, Agra University, Medical College, Jama Masjid, Agra Fort, Taj Mahal, Fatehabad Road, Basai and Taj East Gate.
- Project Cost: Rs 8,379.62 Crore
Line 2 (Blue): Agra Cantt. – Kalindi Vihar
- Total Length: 15.4 km (All elevated)
- Total Stations: 15 Stations
- Station Names: Agra Cantt., Sultanpura, Sadar Bazaar, Pratap Pura, Collectorate, Subhash Park, Agra University, Hariparvat Chauraha, Sanjay Place, MG Road, Sultanganj Crossing, Kamla Nagar, Rambagh, Foundary Nagar, Agra Mandi and Kalindi Vihar.
- Project Cost: Rs 4,520.38 Crore
Train Maintanance Depot
||Line 1 (Red)
||PAC (Under Construction)
||Line 2 (Blue)
||Kalindi Vihar (Proposed)
- 28 February 2019: The project was approved by Govt of India.(Phase I)
- 8 March 2019: Foundation stone laid down by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- 7 December 2020: Construction work started of Agra Metro Phase I.
- 6 March 2023: First Metro Train reached at PAC Metro Depot.
Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited
Administrative Building, Vipin Khand,
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow-226010 (UP)