In the bustling urban landscape of Agra, India, an ambitious transformation is underway with the development of an extensive metro rail network. With two metro rail lines spanning a combined length of 29.65 kilometers, this transformative project is poised to revolutionize the city's transportation landscape. Backed by a substantial project cost of Rs. 8379.62 cr., this metro rail endeavor is not only set to ease commuter congestion but also foster sustainable urban growth and connectivity for years to come. Construction on the first phase of Agra Metro was started on 7 December 2020 and commissioning of same is expected by December 2023. By the end of 2026, the Agra Metro will cover a total network of 29.65 kilometers.
- Project Name: Agra Metro Rail Project
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- Operator: Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRCL)
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 8379.62 Crore
- Total Length: 29.4 km
- Completion Target: 2026
- Status: Under Construction
Routes & Network
||Sikandra - Taj East Gate
||Agra Cantt. - Kalindi Vihar
Line 1 (Red) : Sikandra – Taj East Gate
- Length: 14.25 km
- Stations: 14 Stations
- Stations Name: Sikandra, Guru Ka Taal, ISBT, Shastri Nagar, RBS College, Raja Ki Mandi, Agra University, Medical College, Jama Masjid, Agra Fort, Taj Mahal, Fatehabad Road, Basai and Taj East Gate.
Line 2 (Blue): Agra Cantt. – Kalindi Vihar
- Length: 15.4 km
- Stations: 15 Stations
- Stations Name: Agra Cantt., Sultanpura, Sadar Bazaar, Pratap Pura, Collectorate, Subhash Park, Agra University, Hariparvat Chauraha, Sanjay Place, MG Road, Sultanganj Crossing, Kamla Nagar, Rambagh, Foundary Nagar, Agra Mandi and Kalindi Vihar.
Train Maintanance Depot
||Line 1 (Red)
||PAC (Under Construction)
||Line 2 (Blue)
||Kalindi Vihar (Proposed)
- 28 February 2019: The project was approved by Govt of India.(Phase I)
- 8 March 2019: Foundation stone laid down by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- 7 December 2020: Construction work started of Agra Metro Phase I.
- 6 March 2023: First Metro Train reached at PAC Metro Depot.
Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited
Administrative Building, Vipin Khand,
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow-226010 (UP)