In the bustling urban landscape of Patna, India, an ambitious transformation is underway with the development of an extensive metro rail network. With two metro rail lines spanning a combined length of 30.9 kilometers, this transformative project is poised to revolutionize the city's transportation landscape. Backed by a substantial project cost of Rs. 13,479 cr. INR, this metro rail endeavor is not only set to ease commuter congestion but also foster sustainable urban growth and connectivity for years to come. Construction on the first phase of Patna Metro was started on 26 November 2020 and commissioning of same is expected by April 2024. By the end of 2028, the Patna Metro will cover a total network of 30.9 kilometers.
- Project Name: Patna Metro Rail Project
- Owner: Patna Metro Rail Corporation Limited, Govt. of Bihar
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 13,479 Crores
- Network Length: 30.91 km
- Completion Target: 2028
- Status: Under construction
||Danapur Cantonment - Khemni Chak
||Patna Railway Station - New ISBT
Corridor 1 (East-West): Danapur Cantonment - Khemni Chak
- Length: 16.86 km (Elevated- 9.36 km, Underground- 7.5 km)
- Total Stations: 14 (Elevated-8, Underground-6)
- Station Names: Danapur Cantonment, Saguna More, RPS More, Patliputra, Rukanpura, Raja Bazar, Patna Zoo, Vikas Bhawan, Vidyut Bhawan, Patna Junction (interchange), Mithapur, Ramkrishna Nagar, Jaganpur and Khemni Chak.
Corridor 2 (North-South): Patna Railway Station - New ISBT
- Length: 14.05 km (Elevated-6.0 km, Underground- 8.0 km)
- Total Stations: 12 (Elevated- 5, Underground- 7)
- Station Name: Patna Junction (interchange), Akashvani (formerly Dak Bungalow), Gandhi Maidan, PMCH, Patna University, Moin Ul Haq Stadium, Rajendra Nagar, Malahi Pakri, Khemni Chak, Bhoothnath, Zero Mile and New ISBT.
- Depot: New ISBT
Project Cost & Funding:
||₹ 13,479 Crore
||Govt. of India, Govt. of Bihar and JICA
Train Maintanance Depot
||Line 1 (East-West)
||ISBT (Under Construction)
||Line 2 (North-South)
||ISBT (Under Construction)
Not yet decided as project in now under construction.
- Design Speed: NA
- Average speed: NA
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge
- Electrification: 25KV 50 Hv Ac overhead
- Signalling System: Communications-based Train Control (CBTC)
- Rolling stock: NA
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) (GC): General Consultant
- A V Construction: Utility Investigation Line-1 & Line-2
- Consulting Engineers Group (CEG): Line-1 Geotechnical Soil Investigation
- CEG Test House and Research Centre Private Ltd.: Line-2 Geotechnical Soil Investigation
- AECOM Singapore Pte. Ltd. – AECOM India Pvt. Ltd. (PCDD-01 & PCDD-02): Line-1 Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) & Line-2 Detailed Design Consultant (DDC)
- SYSTRA MVA Consulting (India) Pvt. Ltd. (PEDD-01): Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for 25 kV OHE, Power Supply & SCADA
- NCC (PC-01): Construction of Line-2’s Malahi Pakri – New ISBT (6.1 km viaduct, 5 stations)
- Quality Buildcon (PC-02): Construction of New ISBT Depot
- Larsen & Toubro (PC-03): Construction of Line-2’s Patna Junction – Rajendra Nagar underground twin tunnel section (8 km, 6 stations)
- YFC Project (PC-04): Construction of Line-1’s Danapur – Patlipura Ramp and Mithapur Ramp – Khemni Chak sections (8 km, 7 stations)
- KEC International (PE-01, PE-03 & PT-8): Design & Commissioning of Receiving cum Traction (RSS + TSS) and Auxiliary Main Substation (ASS) including High Voltage Cabling from Grid Substation, SITC of 25KV Overhead Equipment (OHE) System, Switching Posts, 33KV Ring mains, Auxiliary Sub stations for Elevated Sections and SCADA System & Standard gauge track work (Ballasted, Embedded and Column lines) at New ISBT Depot
- Tuaman Engineering (PE-02): Design & commissioning of Electrical and Mechanical (E&M) systems, Fire detection, Fire suppression system and DG sets of Corridor-1 and Corridor-2 Elevated stations and Depot.
- 20 November 2018: The project was approved by Govt of India.(Phase I)
- 18 February 2019: Foundation stone laid down by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- 26 November 2020: Construction work started of Patna Metro Phase I.
Patna Metro Rail Corporation Limited
Indira Bhawan, West Boring Canal Road,
Sri Krishna Puri, Patna, Bihar – 80000