In the bustling urban landscape of Pune, India, an ambitious transformation is underway with the development of an extensive metro rail network. With four metro rail lines spanning a combined length of 130.97 kilometers, this transformative project is poised to revolutionize the city's transportation landscape. Backed by a substantial project cost of Rs. 24,773 cr. INR, this metro rail endeavor is not only set to ease commuter congestion but also foster sustainable urban growth and connectivity for years to come. The metro train operation in the first Phase of the Pune Metro project was started on 06 March 2022 and the system is now covering a total of 23.8 km with two lines. By the end of 2029, the Pune Metro will cover a total network of 130.97 kilometers.
- Project Name: Pune Metro Rail Project
- Operator: Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (Maha Metro)
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 24,773 Crore
- Total Phases/Lines: 2 (10 Lines)
- Total Network: 87.13 km
- Completion Target: 2028
- Status: Under Construction
||Chinchwad - Katraj
Operational (13.9.0 km),
Under Construction (13.58 km)
||Vanaz - Ramwadi
Operational (9.7 km),
Under Construction (5.65)
Operational Routes Phase-1
Operational: 23.8 km | PCMC - Civil Court (13.9 km, 10 Stations)
Line 1: PCMC - Fugewadi - Civil Court
- Total Length: 13.9 km
- Total Stations: 9 Stations
- Station Names: Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC), Sant Tukaram Nagar, Bhosari, Kasarwadi, Phugewadi, Dapodi, Bopodi, Khadki, Range Hill, Shivaji Nagar and Civil Court.
- Depot: Range Hills
Line 2: Vanaz - Garware College - Ruby Hall Clinic
- Total Length: 9.9 km
- Total Stations: 12 Stations
- Station Names: Vanaz, Anand Nagar, Ideal Colony, Nal Stop, Garware College, Deccan Gymkhana, Chhatrapati Sambhaji Park, PMC, Civil Court, Mangalwar Peth, Pune Railway Station, and Ruby Hall Clinic.
- Depot: Vanaz
Under construction Network
Line 1: Chinchwad - PCMC - Swargate - Katraj
- Total Length: 13.58 km
- Total Stations: 10
- Station Names: Chinchwad, Akurdi, Nigdi, ASI, Budhwar Peth, Mandai, Swargate, Gultekdi Market Yard, Saibaba Nagar and Katraj.
- Depot: Range Hills
Line 2: Bund Garden - Ramwadi
- Total Length: 5.65 km
- Total Stations: 4
- Station Names: Bund Garden, Yerawada, Kalyani Nagar, Ramwadi.
- Depot: Vanaz
Line 3: Hinjawadi - Shivajinagar
- Project Cost: Rs 8,100.00 Crore
- Total Length: 23.33 km
- Total Stations: 23 (All Elevated)
- Station Names: Megapolis Circle, Quadran, Dohler, Infosys Phase II, Wipro Phase II, Pall India, Shivaji Chowk, Hinjewadi, Wakad Chowk, Balewadi Stadium, NICMAR, Ram Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Balewadi Phata, Baner Gaon, Baner, Krushi Anusadhan, Sakal Nagar, University, RB.I, Agriculture College and Shivaji Nagar.
- Depot: Maan Village
- Note: This line is under construction under PPP mode.
Line-3 Extn: Shivaji Nagar – Kadam Wakwasti (18 km)
Line 4: Swargate – Pul Gate (3 km)
Train Maintanance Depot
||Range Hills (Operational)
||Maan Village (Under Construction)
- 7 December 2016: The project was approved by Govt of India.(Phase I)
- 24 December 2016: Foundation stone laid down by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- 6 March 2022: 7 km section (PCMC – Phugewadi) of Corridor 1 and 5.2 km section (Vanaz – Garware College) Corridor 2 Open for public.
- 1 August 2023: 6.9 km section (Phugewadi - Civil Court) of Corridor 1 and 4.7 km section (Garware College - Ruby Hall Clinic) Corridor 2 Open for public.
Metro Authority Contact details
Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited
METRO BHAVAN, VIP road,
Nagpur - 440010,