Thane is a metropolitan city in Maharashtra, India. It is situated in the north-eastern portion of the Salsette Island.The population of Thane according to the 2011 census is 1,886,941.The Maharashtra Government Cabinet Headed by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis approved Thane internal ring metro project on 6 March 2019.The Construction was expected to be completed in 4–5 years at a cost of. ₹13,095 crore. The proposed cost of the tickets will vary from ₹17 to ₹104.
- Project Name: Thane Metrolite Project
- Owner: Govt. of Maharashtra
- Operator: Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited
- Project Type: Light Rail Transit System (LRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 13,095 Crores
- Total Length: 29.0 km
- Phases/Lines: 1 (1 Line)
- Completion Target: 2025
- Status: Under Review
Not yet decided as project in now under construction.
- Total length: 29.0 km
- Total Stations: 22
- Route: Teen Hath Naka, Raila Devi, Wagle Circle, Lokmanya Nagar Bus Depot, Shivaji Nagar, Neelkanth Terminal, Gandhi Nagar, Kolshet Industrial Area, Manpada, Dongripada, Vijaynagar, Waghbil, Waterfront, Patlipada, Azad Nagar Bus Stop, Manorma Nagar, Balkum Naka, Balkum Pada, Rabodi, Shivaji Chowk, Thane Junction and New Thane.
- Depot: Kasarvadavli
Project Cost & Funding:
||₹13, 095 crore
|| Govt. of Maharashtra
- Design Speed: 70 kmph
- Average Speed: 30-35 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Electrification: 25kV, 50Hz (OHE/OCS)
- Signalling System: CBTC
- Rolling stock: NA
Progress So Far
December 2018 - DPR approved by Thane Municipal Corporation.
January 2019 - DPR submitted by Thane Municipal Corporation to Maharashtra Government.
March 2019 - DPR approved by Maharashtra cabinet.
December 2020 - Revised Metrolite DPR approved by Thane Municipal Corporation.