Surat, famous for its diamond cutting and polishing, is known as the Diamond City of India.The city has various engineering plants like Essar, Larsen and Toubro and RIL. Surat won the Netexplo Smart Cities Award 2019 with UNESCO in the resilience category. It is the second largest city in Gujarat after Ahmedabad and the eighth largest city by population and ninth largest urban agglomeration in India.The Surat Metro is an under-construction rapid transit rail system for Surat in Gujarat state of India. Two corridors with a combined length of 40.35 kilometers are under construction since 18 January 2021.The project is expected to be completed by December 2023 at an estimated cost of ₹12,020.32 crore.
- Project Name: Surat Metro Rail Project
- Operator: Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation Limited
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Gujarat
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 12,020 Crores (Phase-I)
- External Funding Agency: AfD and KfW
- Total Network Length: 40.35 km
- Nos. of Phases: 1 (2 Lines)
- Status: Under-construction
||Sarthana - Dream City
||Besan - Saroli
Not yet decided as project in now under construction.
Under Construction (Phase-I)
Corridor 1 (Red Line): Sarthana - Dream City
- Route Length: 21.61 km
- Stations: 20 Stations (Elevated (15.14 km, 14 Stations), Underground (6.47 km, 6 Stations)
- Station Names: Sarthana, Nature Park, Varachha Chopati, Kapodra Patiya, Laabheshwar Chowk, Central Warehouse, Surat, Maskati Hospital, Chowk Bazar, Gandhi Baug, Kadarsha Ni Nal, Majura Gate, Rupali Canal, Althan Tenament, Althan Gam, VIP Road, Women ITI, Bhimrad, Convention Center and Dream City.
- Depot: Dream City
Corridor 2 (Green Line): Besan - Saroli
- Route Length: 18.74 km
- Stations: 18 Stations (All elevated)
- Station Names: Bhesan, Botanical Garden, Ugat Vaarigruh, Palanpur Road, LP Savani School, Performing Art Centre, Adajan Gam, Aquarium, Badri Narayan Temple, Athwa Chopati, Majura Gate, Udhna Dawaja, Kamela Darwaja, Anjana Farm, Model Town, Magob, Bharat Cancer Hospital and Saroli.
- Depot: Bhesan
Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation Limited
803 8th Floor, GNFC Info Tower, Sarkhej
Ahmedabad – 380054, Gujarat.
Email: [email protected]