- Project Name: Thiruvananthapuram–Kasargod Semi High-Speed Rail Corridor (Silver Line)
- Project Owner: Kerala Rail Development Corporation Limited (K-Rail)
- General Consultant: SYSTRA MVA
- Project Completion Cost: Rs 63,941 crore (Rs 639.4 billion)
- Length: 530.6 km
- No. of Stations: 11
- Total Journey Hours: 4 Hours
- Ticket Price: Rs 1,463 one way (Rs 2.75 per km at 2020 level with 7.5% annual hike)
- Ridership: Approx. 80,000 passenger per day
- Project Deadline: 2025
Silver Line Semi High-Speed Rail Network
- Network Length: 530.6 km
- No. of Stations: 11
- Station Names: Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Chengannur, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Kochi Airport, Thrissur, Tirur, Kozhikode, Kannur and Kasargod.
5th floor, Trans Tower,
Vazhuthacaud, Thycaud P.O,
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – 695014
- Design Speed: 200 km/h
- Average Speed: 160 km/h
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Electrification: 25 kV, AC
- Signalling System: ETCS Level 2 with LTE
Major Contract Awarded
- Systra MVA: General Consultant for Feasibility study and Detailed Project Report
- GeoKno India Pvt Ltd: LiDAR and Geotechnical Investigation Work
- EQMS India: Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) Study
- RITES Ltd: For Hydrographic and Topographic Survey of Important Bridges, Major Bridges, Minor Bridge
- LKT Engineering: Architectural Design of 10 semi high speed rail stations
Progress so far
- May 2019: Paris based firm Systra MVA submitted feasibility report of Thiruvananthapuram-Kasaragod Semi Semi High-Speed rail corridor with an estimated cost of Rs 56,443 crore to Government of Kerala.
- November 2019: K-Rail named the Semi-High Speed Rail Project as 'Silver Line'.
- January 2020: GeoKno India Private Limited completed the LiDAR and Geotechnical survey report of the project. The State Government had decided to set up land acquisition cells in 10 districts to acquire about 1,226.45 hectares land for the project.
- March 2020: Systra submitted the detailed project and alignment report of Silver Line with an estimated cost of Rs 63,941 crore.
- April 2020: K-Rail Board approved the detailed project and alignment report of the project.