- Project Name: Delhi-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project
- Owner: Indian Railways
- Operator: National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited
- Project Type: High Speed Rail (HSR)
- Project Cost: NA
- Route Length: 886 km
- Train Speed: 300 kmph
- Journey Fare: Rs 4.5 per km
- Journey Hours: 3 hours
- Status: Approved and under DPR stage
Not yet decided as project in now under construction.
- Route Length: 886 km (At grade, elevated and underground)
- Total Stations: 15
- Station Names: Dwarka (Delhi), IMT Manesar (Gurgaon), Rewari, Behror, Shahpura, Jaipur, Ajmer, Vijaynagar, Bhilwara, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Dungarpur (all Rajasthan) and Himmatnagar, Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad (Gujarat).
Project Cost & Funding:
- Design Speed: 350 kmph
- Average Speed: 250 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1,435 mm
- Electrification: 25 kv AC 50 Overhead catenary
- Signalling System: ETCS Level-2 of ERTMS
- Rolling stock: NA
- Ceinsys Tech Ltd: Data Collection and Associated Survey Work for DPR
- T&T Consultants Private Ltd: Carrying Out Ridership Study (Traffic Study)
- Aakar Abhinav Consultants Pvt. Ltd: Preparation of GADs (General Alignment Drawings)
- RITES – Geokno JV: Final Alignment Design including Aerial LiDAR Survey
- Egis India Consulting Engineers: Detailed Social Impact Assessment (SIA) Report and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
- Enviro Infra Solutions Pvt. Ltd: Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) Report
Progress So Far
- December 2019: Ministry of Railways had given the task to National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) for preparing the detailed project report (DPR).
- February 2020: NHSRCL has started floating tenders for various activities including design and survey of the project.
- September 2020: Tender notices for carrying out of Traffic Study, Data Collection and General Alignment Drawings have been issued.
National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL)
2nd FLOOR, ASIA BHAWAN, ROAD NO-205
SEC-09, DWARKA, New Delhi -110077