- Project Name: Varanasi-Howrah High Speed Rail (Bullet Train) Project
- Owner: Indian Railways
- Operator: National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited
- Project Type: High Speed Rail
- Project Cost: NA
- Route Length: 760 km
- Train Speed: 320 kmph
- Journey Fare: Rs 4.5 per km
- Journey Hours: 2 hours 37 minutes
- Status: Approved and under DPR stage
Not yet decided as project in now under construction.
National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL)
2nd FLOOR, ASIA BHAWAN, ROAD NO-205
SEC-09, DWARKA, New Delhi -110077
- Route Length: 760 km (At grade, elevated and underground)
- Total Stations: 10
- Station Names: Varanasi, Buxar, Arrah, Patna, Nawada, Dhanbad, Asansol, Durgapur, Burdaman and Howrah.
Project Cost & Funding:
- Design Speed: 350 kmph
- Average Speed: 250 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1,435 mm
- Electrification: 25 kv AC 50 Overhead catenary
- Signalling System: ETCS Level-2 of ERTMS
- Rolling stock: NA
- Highway Engineering - Magnitude Consortium: For Data Collection and Associated Survey Work for preparing the detailed project report (DPR).
- PK Engineers (lowest bidder): Carrying Out Ridership Study
- Translink Consultants: Preparation of GADs (General Alignment Drawings)
- Groever Infra: Final Alignment Design including Aerial LiDAR Survey
- Gaveshna Geosciences Pvt. Ltd. (Lowest Bidder): Survey, Identification of Overhead, Over Ground, Underground Utilities And Identification Of Power Sourcing Options for Substations
- TIla Consultants – Monarch Surveyors JV: Detailed Social Impact Assessment (SIA) Report and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
- Overseas Min-Tech Consultant (lowest bidder): Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) Report
Progress So Far
- December 2019: Ministry of Railways had given the task to National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) for preparing the detailed project report (DPR).
- February 2020: NHSRCL has started floating tenders for various activities including design and survey of the project.