Nashik is one of the fastest-growing cities in India. It has been a major industrial center in automobile hub.The Greater Nashik Metro or Metro NEO is a proposed rapid transit system in the Nashik Metropolitan Region.The system is proposed to reduce traffic congestion as well as provide direct connectivity to Nashik city from its suburbs.
- Project Name: Nashik 'Metro Neo' Project
- Operator: Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited
- Owner: Govt. of India, Govt. of Maharashtra & CIDCO
- Project Type: Light Rail Transit System (LRTS)
- Total Network: 32.0 km
- No. of Phases: 1 (2 Lines)
- Project Cost: INR 2,000.60 Crore
- Completion Target: 2025
Corridor 1: Gangapur - Mumbai Naka
- Route Length: 10 km
- No. of Stations: 10
- Station Names: Gangapur, Jalapur, Ganpat Nagar, Kale Nagar, Jehan Circle, Thatte Nagar, Shivaji Nagar, Panchavati, CBS, Mumbai Naka.
Corridor 2: Srimik Nagar - Nasik Road
- Route Length: 22 km
- No. of Stations: 15
- Station Names: Dhruv Nagar, Shramik Nagar, Mahindra, Shaneshwar Nagar, Satpur Colony, MIDC, ABB Circle, Parijat Nagar, MICO circle, CBS, Sharda Circle, Dwarka Circle, Gayatri Nagar, Samta Nagar, Gandhi Nagar, Nehru Nagar, Datta Mandir, Nashik Road.
Project Cost & Funding:
||Govt. of India, Govt. of Maharashtra & CIDCO
- Design Speed: 120 kmph
- Average Speed: 40 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Electrification: 25kV, 50Hz (OHE/OCS)
- Signalling System: CBTC
- Rolling stock: NA
Major Contractors (Phase I)
Progress So Far
- Aug 2019: Maharashtra State Government approved Nashik Metro project.
- Nov 2020: DPR approved from Central Government.