The NMRC announced on 30 November 2016 that the first line of the metro would be called the Aqua Line. Explaining the choice, NMRC managing director Santosh Yadav stated, "Aqua signifies an eco-friendly colour, which is what we want to portray.The project received safety clearance from the commissioner of metro rail safety on 21 December 2018
- Project Name: Noida Metro Rail Project
- Operator: Noida Metro Rail Corporation Limited
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 5,503 Crore (Phase-I)
- Total Planned Metro Network: 70 km
- Operational Network: 29.7 km (1 Line, 22 Stations)
- Project Cost: Rs 5,503 Crore
- Route Length: 29.707 km
- Total Stations: 22
- Station Names: Sector-51, Sector-50, Sector-76, Sector-101, Sector-81, NSEZ, Sector-83, Sector-137, Sector-142, Sector-143, Sector-144, Sector-145, Sector-146, Sector-147, Sector-148,Knowledge Park-II, Pari Chowk, Alpha-I,Delta-I, GNIDA, Depot.
Project Cost & Funding:
||₹ 5,503 Crore
||Govt. of India, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- Design Speed: 200 kmph
- Average speed: 160 kmph
- Track Gauge: Broad Gauge
- Electrification: NA
- Signalling System: Communications-based Train Control (CBTC)
- Rolling stock: NA
- DMRC: Project Executor
- AYESA (NCDD-01): Detailed Design Consultant
- CRRC (NRS1): 76 Coaches (Rolling Stock)
- Siemens (NE-01/02): OHE & SCADA System
- Ansaldo STS – ZTE Corporation – ZTE Telecom (NS-01): CBTC Signalling and Telecommunication Systems
- CEC-SAM India(NC-01,NC-02 & NC-03): Construction of viaduct & 8 stations from Sector 71-137, Construction of viaduct & 7 stations from Sector 142-149 & Construction of viaduct & 6 stations from Knowledge Park II-Depot
- Anupam Constructions (NC-04): Construction of Depot & Workshop Buildings
- Jindal Buildsys (NC-05): Design, Fabrication & Erection of Pre-engineered Steel Buildings at Depot
- LKT Engineering (NGNDDC): Detailed Design Consultant for Noida Sector-51 to Greater Noida Sector-2
- GR Infraprojects is lowest bidder (NGNC-01): Construction of Noida Sector-51 to Greater Noida Sector-2 (9.605 km viaduct & 5 stations)
- Not yet Finalized (DDC OHE): Design of 25 kV Overhead Equipment (OHE) system and Power Supply – SCADA for Aqua Line’s extension
- Cengrs Geotechnica: Geotechnical Work for Jewar Airport Metro
- Centre for Environment Research and Development: EIA and SIA for Jewar Airport Metro
Progress So Far
- Oct 2014: Uttar Pradesh Government approved the Noida - Greater Noida Metro rail Project
- Feb 2016: Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) completed the first phase of construction in a record time of eight months.
- Jan 25 2019: The 29.6 km Aqua Line is opened for the Public.
- Jun 1 2019: GNDA approves a new metro link to connect Noida Metro to Delhi Metro.
- Dec.3 2019: Uttar Pradesh Government approves Sector 71 to Knowledge Park V corridor.
- Jan 2019: On 25 January, Aqua line was inaugurated by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath & cabinet minister for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri.