- Project Name: Chennai-Mysuru High Speed Rail (Bullet Train) Project
- Owner: Indian Railways
- Operator: National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited
- Project Type: High Speed Rail
- Project Cost: NA
- Route Length: 435 km
- Train Speed: 320 kmph
- Journey Fare: Rs 4.5 per km
- Journey Hours: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Status: Approved and under DPR stage
Not yet decided as project in now under construction.
National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL)
2nd FLOOR, ASIA BHAWAN, ROAD NO-205
SEC-09, DWARKA, New Delhi -110077
- Route Length: 435 km (At grade, elevated and underground)
- Total Stations: 9
- Station Names: Chennai, Poonamallee, Arakkonam, Chittoor, Bangarapet, Bengaluru, Chennapatna, Mandya and Mysuru.
Project Cost & Funding:
- Design Speed: 350 kmph
- Average Speed: 250 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1,435 mm
- Electrification: 25 kv AC 50 Overhead catenary
- Signalling System: ETCS Level-2 of ERTMS
- Rolling stock: NA
|Highway Engineering Magnitude Consortium (lowest bidder)
||Data Collection and Associated Survey Work for DPR
|PK Engineers (lowest bidder)
||Carrying Out Ridership Study
||Preparation of GADs
|Aarvee Associates Architects Engineers Consultants Pvt. Ltd. – GSL Associates Pvt. Ltd.(lowest bidder)
||Final Alignment Design including Aerial LiDAR Survey
|Subudhi Technoengineers Pvt. Ltd.
||Survey, Identification of Overhead, Over Ground, Underground Utilities And Identification Of Power Sourcing Options for Substations
|Overseas Min-Tech Consultant (lowest bidder)
||Detailed Social Impact Assessment (SIA) Report and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
|Not yet finalize
||Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) Report
Progress So Far
- December 2019: Ministry of Railways had given the task to National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) for preparing the detailed project report (DPR).
- February 2020: NHSRCL has started floating tenders for various activities including design and survey of the project.