The city along the Malabar Coast in the state of Kerala in India. It has a corporation limit population of 609,224and a metropolitan population of more than 2 million, making it the second largest metropolitan area in Kerala and the 19th largest in India.Kozhikode Metro is a proposed Light Rapid Transit (LRT) system for the city of Kozhikode (Calicut), in India. In 2010.As per the proposal for Metro, it would start from Karipur Airport, touching Ramanattukara, Meenchanda, Mini- Bypass, Arayadathupalam and culminate at the Medical College.
- Project Name: Kozhikode Light Metro Project
- Owner: Govt. of Kerala
- 3Executing Body: Kerala Rapid Transit Corporation Limited
- Project Type: Light Rail Transit System (LRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 2,773 Crores
- Total Length: 13.3 km
- Phases/Lines: 1 (1 Line)
- Completion Target: 2026
- Status: Approved
Not yet decided as project in now under construction.
Line 1: Meenchanda - Kozhikode Medical College
- Total length: 13.3 km
- Total Stations: 14
- Route: Meenchanda, Vattakkinar, Panniyankara, Kallayi, Pushpa, Kozhikode Railway Station, Palayam, Mananchira, KSRTC, New Bus Stand, Kottuli, Thondayad, Chevayur and Medical College.
- Depot: Medical College
Project Cost & Funding:
||Govt. of Kerala
- Design Speed: NA
- Average Speed:NA
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Electrification: NA
- Signalling System: NA
- Rolling stock: NA
Major Contractors (Phase I)
Progress So Far
- 12 February 2021: Kerala state cabinet approved the revised DPR of Kozhikode LRTS.