Thiruvananthapuram also known by its former name Trivandrum is the capital of the Indian state of Kerala.The encompassing urban agglomeration population is around 1.68 million.The state government had initially asked the state transport department to prepare a detailed project report (DPR).However, the DMRC was later entrusted with the task. DMRC principal advisor E. Sreedharan submitted the DPR to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on 11 December 2012.
- Project Name: Thiruvananthapuram Light Metro Project
- Owner: Govt. of Kerala.
- Executing Body: Kerala Rapid Transit Corporation Limited
- Project Type: Light Rail Transit System (LRTS)
- Project Cost: INR 4,219 Crores
- Total Length: 21.82 km
- Phases/Lines: 1 (1 Line)
- Completion Target: 2026
- Status: Approved
Not yet decided as project in now under construction.
Line 1: Technocity – Karamana
- Total length: 21.82 km
- Total Stations: 19
- Route: Technocity, Pallipuram, Kaniyapuram, Kazhakoottam, Kazhakoottam Junction, Kariavattom, Gurumandiram, Pangapara, Sreekaryam, Ulloor, Kesavadasapuram, Pattom, Plamoodu, Palayam, Secretariat, Thampanoor (Trivandrum Central Railway Station), Killipalam and Karamana
Project Cost & Funding:
|| Govt. of Kerala
- Design Speed: NA
- Average Speed: NA
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Electrification: 25kV, 50Hz (OHE/OCS)
- Signalling System: CBTC
- Rolling stock: NA
Progress So Far
- 12 February 2021: Kerala state cabinet approved the revised DPR of Thiruvananthapuram LRTS.