Warangal is a city in the Indian state of Telangana. It is the second largest city in Telangana with a population of 830,281 per 2011 Census of India, and spreading over an 406 km2 (157 sq mi).Warangal served as the capital of the Kakatiya dynasty which was established in 1163.Warangal Metro is a proposed metro system to serve the city of Warangal, Telangana, India with a stretch of 15 kilometers, from Kazipet railway station to Warangal railway station through its suburbs. The system is proposed to reduce traffic congestion as well as providing a modern and efficient public transport system in the city.
- Project Name: Warangal 'Metro Neo' Project
- Executing Body: Kakatiya Urban Development Authority
- Owner: Govt. of Telangana
- Project Type: Light Rail Transit System (LRTS)
- Total Network: 15.5 km
- No. of Phases: 1 (1 Line)
- Project Cost: INR 1,341 Crore
- Completion Target: 2025
Not yet decided as project in now under construction.
Corridor 1: Kazipet Railway Station - Warangal Railway Station
- Route Length: 15.5 km (At Grade-7.1 km, Elevated- 8.4 km)
- No. of Stations: 21 (At Garde-9, Elevated-12)
- Stations: Kazipet Railway Station, Fathima Nagar, NIT Bus Stop, Forest Office, Subedari, Rohini Hospital, Adalath, Nakkallagutta, Ambedkar Junction, DPO Junction, Maternity Hospital, Hanamkonda Chowrasta, Alankar Circle, Mulugu Crossroads, KMC, MGM, Pochamma Maidan, LB Nagar, Kashil Bugga, Venkatrama Talkies and Warangal Railway Station.
Project Cost & Funding:
||Govt. of Telangana
- Design Speed: NA
- Average Speed: NA
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Electrification: 25kV, 50Hz (OHE/OCS)
- Signalling System: CBTC
- Rolling stock: NA
- Maha-Metro & UMTC: Feasibility Survey and DPR Consultant
Progress So Far
- DPR submitted to Kakatiya Urban Development Authority (KUDA). Now waiting for state cabinet's node.