The Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) Corridor is India's first Semi-High Speed Regional Rail Project planned to connect Delhi's Jungpura with Meerut, Uttar Pradesh.
- Project Name: Delhi-Meerut RRTS Project
- Operator: National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC)
- Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana & Rajasthan
- Project Type: Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
- Route Length: 82.15 km
- Project Cost: INR 30,274.00 Crores (USD 3947.7 million)
- Funding Agency: AIIB, ADB, AIIB
- Deadline: 2025 (17-km Priority Section: 2023)
Under Construction Routes
- Route length: 82.15 km (Elevated-68.03 km, Underground-14.12 km, At grade-1.45 km)
- Number of Stations: 25 (12 for RRTS and 13 for MRTS)
- Total journey time: 55 minutes
- Station Names: Sarai Kale Khan, New Ashok Nagar, Anand Vihar, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, Guldhar, Duhai, Muradnagar, Modinagar South, Modinagar North, Meerut South, Partapur, Rithani, Shatabdi Nagar, Brahmpuri, Meerut Central, Bhaisali, Begumpul, Daurli, Meerut North and Modipuram.
- Depot: 2 (Duhai and Modipuram)
Project Cost & Funding:
||GoI, GoNCTD, GoUP, ADB, NDB, AIIB
Train Maintanance Depot
||Duhai and Modipuram (Under Construction)
- Design Speed: 180 kmph
- Average Speed: 100 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Electrification: 25 kV, 50 Hz AC OHE
- Signalling System: European Train Control System (ETCS)
- Rolling stock: Bombardier Transportation
- DIMTS: Consultant for preparation of Public Transport Travel Demand Model for RRTS in Delhi-NCR.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC): Financial Consultant on a retainer basis for planning and implementation support for the implementation of RRTS in Delhi-NCR.
- CRRI: Noise and Vibration Consultant.
- Egis Rail SA INECO Egis India Consortium: Interim Detailed Design Consultancy services of Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- JV of Ayesa Ingenieria Y Arquitectura: General Consultant (GC) for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
- JV of Korea Railroad Technical Corporation & M: Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for the Detailed Design of Track for the elevated viaduct, underground sections including all stations and depots.
- PORR Bau GmbH: Ballastless Track Structure System Provider to support Design and Installation.
- Ayesa India: Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for detailed design and drawing of four numbers of elevated RRTS stations (Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, Guldhar and Duhai) in the section from Sahibabad Ramp to EPE crossing and Maintenance depot at Duhai and Modipuram.
- Systra-Systra MVA Consulting: Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for 5 elevated RRTS stations (Murad Nagar and Modinagar [south], Modi Nagar [north], Meerut South, Shatabdi Nagar) and 2 MRTS stations (Partapur and Rithani) and elevated viaduct from EPE Crossing to Shatabdi Nagar and Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for 1 RRTS station (Modipuram) and 4 MRTS stations (Brahmpuri, MES Colony, Daurli, Meerut North) and approx 9.76 km viaduct after Shatabdi Nagar to Modipuram Depot.
- Tandon Consultants Pvt. Ltd – Fountainhead JV: Detailed Design Consultant for Sarai Kale Khan & New Ashok Nagar Stations, 11km section from SKK to Khichripur
- Certifer SA: Independent Safety Assessment (ISA)
- G Soil & Rock Probe Engineers: Geotechnical Investigation: Shatabdi Nagar, Meerut to Modipuram Depot
- Cengrs Geotechnica Pvt. Ltd.: Geotechnical Investigation: Sarai Kale Khan to Ghaziabad
- GIS Consortium India Pvt. Ltd.: Drone Based Mapping and Implementation of Web based Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Continental Piling (India) Pvt. Ltd.: Initial Pile Load Test: Sarai Kale Khan to Anand Vihar and depot line from Sarai Kale Khan
- Continental Piling (India) Pvt. Ltd.: Initial Pile Load Test, Vaishali to Duhai (EPE)
- Pinnacle Piling (India) Pvt. Ltd.: Initial Pile Load Test, Duhai (EPE) to Shatabdi Nagar
- Continental Piling (India) Pvt. Ltd.: Initial Pile Load Test, Shatabdi Nagar – Modipuram
- KEC-CCECC JV (Package 1): Construction of elevated viaducts & ramp from Sahibabad to Ghaziabad and two RRTS stations viz. Sahibabad and Ghaziabad.
- APCO-CRFG JV (Package 2): Construction of elevated viaducts & ramp from Ghaziabad to Duhai to connect Duhai depot and two RRTS stations viz. Guldhar and Duhai.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (Package 3 Lot-1 & Lot-2:): Duhai (EPE) – Modi Nagar North (elevated, 2 stations) and Modi Nagar North – Shatabdi Nagar (elevated, 5 stations)
- STEC (Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co) (Package 4): New Ashok Nagar Ramp – Anand Vihar – Sahibabad Ramp (underground, 1 station)
- VNC – KEC International JV (Package 5A): Duhai Depot & Workshop
- KSM Bashir Mohammad & Sons (Package 5B): Modipuram Depot & Workshop
- Afcons Infrastructure (Package 6): Sarai Kale Khan – New Ashok Nagar (elevated, 2 stations)
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (Package 7): Shatabdi Nagar – Brahampuri DN Ramp AND Begumpul Ramp – Modipuram (elevated, 5 stations)
- Afcons Infrastructure (Package 8): Brahampuri DN Ramp to Begumpul UP Ramp (underground, 3 stations)
- Sam India Builtwell Pvt. Ltd. (Package 9A): Multistoried Staff Quarters & Connectivity
- Package 9B: Construction of Jangpura stabling yard, Operation control center (OCC) and associated buildings (Tender notice pending)
- Canon Fasteners Package 10: Architectural finishing work for 7 stations (Sahibabad – Shatabdi Nagar)
- Metcon India Reality and Infrastructure – C.P. Associates JV (Package 11 Lot-1): Architectural finishing for elevated stations & E&M systems
- URC Constructions (Package 11 Lot-2): Architectural finishing for elevated stations & E&M systems
- Sam India Builtwell (Package 12A): Pre–Engineered (PEB) Steel Roof Structure for 4 stations (Sahibabad – Duhai)
- URC Constructions Package 12B: Pre–Engineered (PEB) Steel Roof Structure for 12 stations in 2 lots
- ArcelorMittal España (Package 13): 22,000 MT of Head Hardened Rails
- Schwihag (Package 14): Track fastening system for ballastless track
- Voestalpine VAE VKN India Pvt. Ltd.(Package 15): Standard Gauge 60 Kg UIC Turnouts and Scissors Cross over
- Package 16 (Lot 1 & 2): Rails for Duhai & Modipuram depots and Jangpura Stabling Yard (Financial Bids Opened)
• Lot-1: 2000 MT of UIC 60/60E-1/60 KG 1080 Grade Head Hardened Rails
• Lot-2: 4000 MT of 60 KG 880 Grade Rail Class-A
- Larsen & Toubro (Package 17): Track-work
- IRCON International (Package 19): Electrification (receiving substations (RSS) and traction overhead equipment (OHE)
- Schindler India – Schindler (China) Elevator Co. JV (Package 21): Escalators
- Otis Elevator Co. (India) – Otis Elevator (China) Co. JV (Package 22): Elevators
- STRABAG International (Package 23): Tunnel Ventilation System (TVS), Environmental Control System (ECS)
- Alstom Transport India (Package 24): Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Signalling and Train Control and Telecommunication Systems
- Alstom Transport India (Package 25): Design, manufacture, supply, testing & commissioning of 210 standard gauge coaches
- Datamatics Global Services – AEP Ticketing solutions (DM-AEP-26A JV) (Package 26A): Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) System – Systems Integrator
- Paytm Payments Bank Ltd.(Package 26B): Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) System – Financial Institution
- NCRTC – BEL signed MOU (Package 27): Platform Screen Doors (PSD) System
- PTL – Royal JV (Package M2): Catenary Maintenance Vehicle And Engineering Maintenance Vehicle
- HYT Engineering Co. Pvt. Ltd.(Package M5): Fully Automatic CNC under Floor wheel Lathe Machine
- Quality Buildcon Pvt. Ltd.(Package M7): Construction of Emergency Evacuation System including connecting Foot Over Bridge from track level to road level at various locations
Progress So Far
- May 2017: DPR approved by the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
- February 2019: DPR approved by the Central Government.
- 8 March 2019: Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for this project.
- June 2019: Pillar Construction work started.
- Apr 2021: Track laying started for Delhi-Meerut RRTS project in Ghaziabad section of the corridor.