New Delhi, India (Metro Rail Today): Further enhancing the travel experience for its commuters in an easy to navigate digital mode, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) introduced ‘WhatsApp based Ticketing Service’ for travel on its Airport Express Line on 30th May 2023.
With the introduction of this facility, commuters on Airport Express Line will now be able to use the WhatsApp Chatbot based QR Code tickets also from their smartphones. This facility will make commuting more efficient and seamless for commuters especially, national and international travelers heading for or coming from the Airport using Airport Express Line, as they can now purchase and use tickets generated in their phone itself through a dedicated WhatsApp chatbot (available in English and Hindi language) as per their convenience.
To avail WhatsApp-based ticketing facility, metro commuters need to follow these easy steps to obtain QR tickets from their Mobile:-
- Add the DMRC’s official WhatsApp number 9650855800 in the contact list of phone OR, by directly scanning the Chatbot QR code displayed prominently at customer care/ticket counters of all stations on Airport Express Line.
- Open WhatsApp and send “Hi” to newly added contact no. 9650855800 then select the preferred language and choose the desired option i.e. Buy Ticket or Last Journey Tickets or Retrieve Ticket.
- Choose the Source and Destination station and select the Number of tickets to be purchased
- Confirm and make the payment securely through the integrated payment gateway using Credit Card or Debit Card or UPI.
- Receive a QR code ticket directly in the WhatsApp chat and travel by tapping the QR ticket in mobile at the designated scanner at AFC gates for entry an exit
Here are some salient features of WhatsApp Ticketing Service:
- For Single Journey ticket and Group of tickets up to a maximum of 6 QR Tickets will be generated for each passenger.
- Validity of QR ticket is end of the business day. But once entry is done, passengers should exit within 65 mins from the destination station.
- For Exit at Source (Origin) station, passenger should exit within 30 mins from the time of entry
- Tickets cannot be booked after Business Hours i.e, from start of revenue services to close of revenue services of the day.
- Cancellation of tickets is not allowed in WhatsApp Ticketing.
- Marginal convenience fee will be charged for transactions done through credit/debit card. No convenience fee will be charged for UPI based transactions.
DMRC has tied up with PeLocal Fintech Private Limited for rolling out this chatbot service on WhatsApp for Airport Express Line as a pilot project. If the project become successful then DMRC may extend this facility to other lines also.