Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor is a 121.7 kilometre long proposed Broad Gauge Rail line to connect Palwal to Sonipat in the State of Haryana with 15 stations. The alignment of this project is mostly along the KMP Expressway along the inner side towards Delhi.
The Orbital Rail Corridor will connect Palwal to Sonipat via Sohna, Manesar and Kharkhoda. At Palwal, Patli (Delhi–Rewari line), Sultanpur (Garhi Harsaru–Farukhnagar line), Asaudha (Delhi–Rohtak line) and Harsana Kalan (Delhi-Ambala line) railway stations, it will connect to existing railway lines running radially from Delhi. It will also connect to the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC) at Prithala near Palwal railway station.
- Project Name: Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor
- Executor: Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation (HRIDC)
- Network length: 121.742 km
- Gauge: Broad Gauge Rail line
- Project cost: Rs 4,822.69 crore
- No. of stations: 15
- Deadline: 2025
- Route: Palwal - Sonepat Orbit Rail Corridor
- Route Length: 121.742 km
- Stations: 15
- Stations: New Palwal, Silani, Sohna, Dhulawat, Chandla Dungerwas, Manesar, New Patli, Badsa, Deverkhana, Badli, Mandothi, Jasaur Kheri, Kharkhoda, Tarakpur and Harsana Kalan.
- Expressways: Western Peripheral Expressway or Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway
- Dedicated Freight Corridor: Western Dedicated Frieght Corridor
- High Speed Rail: Delhi-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor
- RRTS: Delhi-Alwar, Delhi-Panipat
- Metro Rail: Delhi Metro, Gurgaon Metro
Project Cost & Funding:
||Govt. of Haryana and Ministry of Railways
- Aarvee Associates Architects Engineers and Consultants Pvt. Ltd: Feasibility Study Report
- RITES – SMEC JV: General Consultant (GC)
- KCC Buildcon (Package C1): Construction of 5.9 km priority section from Manesar station of HORC to existing Patli Railway Station of Indian Railways Network. (contract awarded in May 2022)
- PNC Infratech (Package C23): Construction of 26.02 km section from New Patli to Patli station & New Patli to Sultanpur station. (emerged as lowest bidder in Feberuary 2023)
- Package C4: Construction of 4.7 km Twin Tunnel using NATM and Cut & Cover method through the Aravalis, between chainage km 24.880 to km 29.580 near Sohna’s Roz-Ka-Meo Industrial Area. (6 bids received)
Progress so far
- June 2019: The board of directors of HRIDC had approved DPR of Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor.
- September 2020: The union cabinet approved the 121.7 km Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor.
- March 2021: HRIDC appointed RITES-SMEC JV as General Consultant for the project.
- October 2022: Union Home Minister Amit Shah laid foundadtion stone of the project.